Our experienced consultants from The Best Connection Inc. will thoroughly interview you, and if successful, undergo an in depth take-on briefing to explain your duties and responsibilities whilst working at one of our Client’s sites.
You will receive a written copy of the take-on briefing which covers the following points:
- Your Consultant’s name and branch telephone number
- Your responsibility relating to Duties, Conduct at work and Communication with Branch regarding availability and attendance
- Health & Safety at Work
- Damage to Goods or Equipment reporting policy
- Working Time Regulations
- Timesheet procedure
- Payment details
- Rates of Pay and Overtime premiums
- Reference to your Contract with The Best Connection Inc.
- The Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (PIPEDA)
- Workplace Safety Manuals
Health & Safety
General Statement of Policy
It is our policy to:
- Provide a safe and healthy work environment for our full time staff. We assess the risks associated with our premises and working practices and then take action to minimise those risks.
- Minimise the risks to our temporary workers whilst working on assignments. We assess our client’s management of health and safety, together with information provided by the client and then take the appropriate action.
- Encourage our full time staff and temporary workers to use safe working practices and to inform management of health and safety issues.
- Comply with the statutes and regulations relating to health and safety at work. We allocate resources to identify and interpret the relevant regulations. Our procedures are then revised as required.
Continually improve our management of health and safety. We use the results of audits and measurement, together with reports from our employees and clients, to identify areas where we need to improve.
Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA): Customer Service Policy
The Best Connection Inc. is committed to meeting its current and ongoing obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code respecting non-discrimination.
The Best Connection Inc. understands that obligations under the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005 (AODA) and its accessibility standards do not substitute or limit its obligations under the Ontario Human Rights Code or obligations to people with disabilities under any other law.
The Best Connection Inc. is committed to complying with both the Ontario Human Rights Code and the AODA.
The Best Connection Inc. is committed to excellence in serving all workers/employees including people with disabilities.
Our accessible service policies are consistent with the principles of independence, dignity, integration and equality of opportunity for people with disabilities.
People with disabilities may use their personal assistive devices when accessing our services or facilities.
In cases where the assistive device presents a significant and unavoidable health or safety concern or may not be permitted for other reasons, other measures will be used to ensure the person with a disability can access our services or facilities.
We will ensure that our staff are trained and familiar with various assistive devices we have on site or that we provide that may be used by customers with disabilities while accessing our services or facilities.
The Best Connection Inc. will train staff on the use of assistive devices by having all staff take part in a learning exercise.
We will communicate with people with disabilities in ways that take into account their disability.
We will work with the person with a disability to determine what method of communication works for them.
Persons with disabilities may enter any The Best Connection Inc.’s premises accompanied by a service animal and keep the animal with them, if the public has access to such premises, and the animal is not otherwise excluded by law. While visiting The Best Connection Inc., it is the responsibility of the person with a service animal to control the animal at all times.
In the event that a The Best Connection Inc.’s worker or employee is allergic to animals, alternative arrangements will be negotiated.
Persons with disabilities may enter The Best Connection Inc.’s premises accompanied by a support person and may have access to that support person at all times.
The Best Connection Inc. may require a person with a disability to be accompanied by a support person while on The Best Connection Inc.’s premises in situations where it is necessary to protect the health and safety of the person with a disability, or the health and safety of others on the premises.
Consent from the person with a disability is required when communicating private issues related to the person with a disability, in the presence of a support person.
Notice of Temporary Disruptions
The Best Connection Inc. will make reasonable effort to provide customers with notice in the event of a disruption in the facilities or services usually used by people with disabilities. This notice will include information about the reason for the disruption, and its anticipated duration, and a description of alternative facilities or services, if available. We may not be able to give advance notice in case of an emergency disruption.
In order to make information accessible, the signs and printed notices should be clearly laid out. The signs and printed notices will be displayed on the public health and safety message boards in all office locations.
The Best Connection Inc. will ensure that all persons to whom this policy applies receive training as required by the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service. In addition, training will be provided on a continuous basis to all newly hired partners of The Best Connection Inc.as part of our on-boarding process.
A record of training received by The Best Connection Inc. will be kept by the Health and Safety department. Training will include:
- The purpose of the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, 2005;
- The requirements of the Accessibility Standards for Customer Service (Ontario Regulation 429/08);
- Information about The Best Connection Inc. policies and procedures pertaining to the provision of The Best Connection Inc.’s services to persons with disabilities;
- How to interact and communicate with persons with various types of disabilities;
- What to do if a person with a disability is having difficulty accessing a The Best Connection Inc. location;
- How to interact with people with disabilities who use assistive devices or require the assistance of a service animal or support person;
The Best Connection Inc. welcomes feedback, including feedback about the delivery of our services to persons with disabilities. The Best Connection Inc. will investigate and respond to all complaints relating to such services in a timely, thorough and objective manner. Please submit feedback or questions to a member of our health and safety committee or by emailing our Health and Safety Representative: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Best Connection Inc. is committed to developing customer service policies that respect and promote the dignity and independence of people with disabilities. The Best Connection Inc. retains the right to amend or change this policy at any time; however, any such change will only be made after considering the impact on people with disabilities.
- We audit our branches against our generic Risk Assessment at least once a year. Problems requiring rectification are notified to the branch and to our Company Secretary.
- The Risk Assessment is revised if an audit reveals a hazard not previously identified.
- Full time staff are inducted into health and safety when they start work with us.
- All our staff have access to our help desk, where they can discuss and report health and safety issues.
- We accept that we have a joint responsibility, with our client, for the health and safety of our temporary workers when working on assignment for The Best Connection Inc.
- We negotiate with our client to provide health and safety induction, if the client has no procedure for inducting temporary workers.
The Best Connection Inc. is committed to an inclusive, accessible and barrier-free workplace – one that supports all employees to reach their full potential.
This means we have policies and practices that say we will:
-Hire based on merit
-Prevent and address workplace discrimination and harassment
-Provide employment accommodation for employees with injuries, illnesses or disabilities and to applicants during the recruitment process
-Prevent and address employment barriers through Equal Opportunities
The Best Connection Inc. wholeheartedly supports the principle of Equal Opportunities with respect to colour, race, nationality, ethnic or national origin, sex, marital status or disability.
Individuals are treated equally and fairly on recruitment, selection and training. Promotion with career management is based solely on objectives and job related criteria.
We source and supply temporary personnel possessing a variety of skills, enabling us to fulfil the majority of our clients’ requirements.
Listed below are just a few of these:
Assemblers – Braziers – Electrical Assemblers – Electrical Fitters – Electricians – Fettlers – General Labourers – Machine & Press Operators – Machine Tool Fitters – Mechanical Fitters – Panel Wirers – PCB Assemblers – Powder Coaters – Pipefitters/Plumbers – Production & Line Operatives – Polishers – Sprayers
Warehouse & Distribution
Cleaners – Counter Balance – Exhibition Workers – Export Packers – FLT Drivers (cert) – Counterbalance – Raymond Reach- Cherry Pickers-Walkie Operators – General Labourers – Loaders – Order Pickers – Packers – Lumpers – Stock Controllers – Traffic Controllers – VDU Operators – Warehouse Operatives – Warehouse Supervisors